Carpet Cleaning Perris CA
The best way to ensure long–lasting beauty, comfort and durability in your carpet is to vacuum it regularly, as it prevents soil from becoming embedded in the carpet’s pile.
• Depending on the type of carpet you have, you’ll want to use a vacuum with a rotating brush, a beater bar or suction only. • When vacuuming high pile or premium soft carpets look for the following features that will allow you to easily maintain your carpet: – Adjustable Height – Use the highest setting where appropriate – Efficient Airflow – Avoid vacuums with very concentrated or sealed suction – Large Wheels allow the appliance to glide easily across the carpet.
• Some stains cannot be removed because they permanently alter the carpet’s color. These stains include acid toilet bowl cleaners, acne medication, alkaline drain cleaners, chlorinated bleaches, hair dyes, iodine, insecticides, and mustard with turmeric and plant fertilizers. For these types of stains, call a professional. In order to maintain and protect your warranty coverage under the terms of the carpet warranties.
• Additional Carpet Care Tips
Tips for Removing Common Stains
• For carpet care a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is the best way to effectively remove stains. Use the attachment with the best suction and vacuum as much of the stain as possible, continuing to add water to the stain as you go. Treatment of the affected area should begin immediately upon discovery. The more time that elapses before treatment, the more difficult a stain will be to remove. For the best results, use Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Spot Remover and Cleaning Kit.
• First scrape the food spill gently with a spoon or dull knife, or a Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Carpet Cleaning Key, removing as much solid material as possible. If detergent is required, use it sparingly and gently rinse the area with water while moving the vacuum wand back and forth. Use a towel to absorb all moisture.
• If spot removal solvent is necessary use Mohawk FloorCare Essentials Spot Remover or other low residue carpet spot remover that has been approved by The Carpet and Rug Institute of America, apply several drops to a clean white cloth and blot the carpet in an inconspicuous area. If a color change occurs or color transfers to the cloth, consult a professional carpet cleaner. excess moisture. Apply a pad of paper towels, weigh them down and allow to dry.
• Place towels or cloth over wet area and weight with a heavy, colorfast object to absorb moisture. Leave overnight.
• If stains remain after cleaning, moisten the tufts in the stained area with 3% hydrogen peroxide and let stand for one hour. Blot and repeat until carpet is stain–free. No rinsing is necessary. Apply a pad of paper towels and weigh them down, allowing carpet to dry.
Beer, wine, coffee and tea
• Blot and neutralize with a white vinegar solution, then work a small amount of a detergent solution into the spot (1/4 teaspoon detergent per 1 qt. of water). Continue applying detergent and blotting until spot is completely removed. Using a spray bottle, rinse with tap water and blot to remove excess moisture. Apply paper towels and weigh them down, allowing the spot to dry.
Blood, catsup, cheese, chocolate, cola, cough syrup, mixed drinks, soft drinks, soy sauce, starch, toothpaste, white glue
• First, note that all solutions for removing blood must be cool in temperature. Blot and neutralize the spot with an ammonia solution, using a spray bottle to saturate the spot. Next, work a small amount of a detergent solution into the spot (1/4 teaspoon detergent per 1 qt. of water) and continue applying detergent and blotting until spot is removed. Using a spray bottle, rinse with tap water and blot to remove excess moisture. Apply a pad of paper towels, weigh them down and allow to dry.=